Advantages of covering the water surface with a solar foil:
– increases the temperature of the pool water,
– reduces evaporation and cooling of water at night,
– reduces the use of chemicals,
– reduces energy consumption,
– limits evaporation of water by over 98%,
– has an impact on financial savings,
– protects water from getting in air pollution,
– reduces the carbon footprint for the pool.
Protection against evaporation
The solar foil is made of a material that reduces water losses due to evaporation, constituting a barrier between the surface of water and air. Evaporation is responsible for the heat loss from the pool by as much as 70%, which results not only in the cooling down of the pool water but also in the increase of the energy demand. You need 1 calories to heat one gram of water by 1⁰C. The same amount of water consumes 540 calories when it goes into the evaporation phase as a result of heat loss from the pool. This can be prevented by applying a water mirror cover to the solar panel. Thanks to this simple procedure, evaporation will decrease by over 98%, which will render into protection of water resources and keeping the pool water temperature higher.
Solar foil, thanks to bubbles filled with air, stays on the surface of the water and acts as insulation. Thermal radiation is responsible for 20% of the heat loss from the pool. Preventing evaporation, insulation and excellent properties of the material from which the solar film is made, in terms of heat transfer help maintain comfortable conditions for swimming, saving natural resources and reducing the costs of swimming pool maintenance.